THESPIAN BOARD INFORMATION and DOCUMENTS
ROLES OF THESPIAN BOARD
- The President presides at all meetings, appoints all standing and special committees, and directs and supervises Troupe activities.
- The Vice-President presides in the absence of the president and is responsible for overseeing ITS points and tracking member participation (shows and roles).
- The Secretary keeps the records of meetings (minutes) and attends to Troupe correspondence.
- The Treasurer will be responsible for maintaining records of any spending and help to create budgets with the Troupe Director for events and purchases.
- The Social Media/Publicity is responsible for maintaining and posting consistently to the troupe’s social media. Additionally, this team will work with POPS to help organize publicity for any SLHS Theatre shows or events.
- Members at large (Senior, Junior, Sophomore, Freshman, and Crew Representatives) are responsible for helping and maintaining committees and serving as the specific grade liaisons for Thespian Board.
- All Board members will work to ensure a happy and healthy environment with new inductees or members, as well as helping to recruit. They may answer any questions new members might have and resides as welcoming committee for SLHS Theatre program.
Click for the Thespian Board By-laws
THESPIAN BOARD ELECTIONS
Elections are held at the end of every school year at least two weeks before the Theatre Gala. Nominations can be made by any troupe member in good standing, self nominations are also accepted. Voting is done anonymously by members in good standing and tallied by the troupe director. Election results will be announced at the Gala.